University of Alberta and Faculty of Nursing- Internal Funding Opportunities
Faculty of Nursing Postdoctoral Fellowship (Application Deadline January 31, 2017)
The Faculty of Nursing Postdoctoral Fellowship is intended to provide support to exceptional researchers pursuing post-graduate nursing research at the Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta whose work advances the strategic priority areas of the Faculty of Nursing.
The amount for the fellowship is $75,000, tenable at the University of Alberta only. It has a term of 1-year and is intended for recent PhD graduates (within 5-years).
For more information, please review the guidelines (PDF, 84 KB) and application form (.DOC, 112 KB).
Faculty of Nursing Undergraduate Student Summer Research Award & SSHRC Summer Student Award (Application Deadline February 1, 2017)
The Faculty of Nursing offers a summer research program for undergraduate nursing students to provide them with an opportunity to experience the research environment first-hand. Students will be involved in an on-going research project under the supervision of a tenure track faculty member.
The number of awards is dependent on the availability of funds from multiple sources including faculty endowments and the University of Alberta Office of the Provost and VP Academic.
For more information, please see the guidelines (PDF). To fill out the application form, click here (.DOCX).
URI: Undergraduate Researcher Stipend (Application Deadline March 1, 2017)
The Undergraduate Researcher Stipend enables undergraduate students to carry out mentored research projects and creative works activities. This stipend allows undergraduate students to enrich their university experience through hands-on discovery and skill development in a research intensive university. Priority is given to interdisciplinary work.
- $5000 to provide a stipend to an individual undergraduate researcher.
- The stipend will be held for a period of four months full-time or up to 12 months part-time.
- The project normally must commence within 60 days of being awarded the stipend.
- Funds will be transferred from the URI to the student, in installments, over the duration of the project. Discontinued projects will receive partial funds pro-rated to the date of discontinuation.
- Students must submit a brief report within 10 days of the completion of the project. Students are also strongly encouraged to present their work at an on-campus venue.
- URI staff will contact students and supervisors periodically to see how their project is progressing. Students may also be contacted for media requests.
For more information, click HERE.
External Funding Opportunities
CIHR- Undergraduate: Summer Studentship Award (Application Deadline January 17, 2017)
The purpose of this funding opportunity is to provide undergraduate and health professional students with opportunities to undertake health research projects with established investigators in an environment that provides strong mentorship. For more information click here
AIHS Undergraduate Summer Studentship (Application Deadline February 6, 2017)
The Alberta Innovates Health Solutions (AIHS) Summer Studentship program provides funding to support students engaging in health sciences research during the summer months (May-August). The intent of the program is to encourage such students to consider careers in medical/health research.
As of January 2016, the Undergraduate Research Initiative administers the AIHS Summer Studentship program at the University of Alberta. Please contact URI for all inquiries related to the program. Please do not apply to AIHS directly.
For more information, click HERE.
Mitacs Elevate: For Post Doc Fellows (Application Deadline February 22,2017)
Mitacs Elevate is now accepting applications for two-year postdoctoral funding:
- $55,000 annual award (plus $7,500 per year non-cash value in training)
- Exclusive, customized professional development training
- Long-term collaborative research project with a non-academic partner
For more information on guidelines and application, please click here