Vision & Mission
To become an internationally recognized Centre of Excellence in education, research and clinical care in women’s health.
We are committed to excellence in fetal and women's reproductive health through leadership and scholarship in education, in illness prevention and clinical care, and in both basic and applied research. Our ongoing legacy work and partnerships underscore our vision and commitment to this worthy cause.
As a strong and diverse team of talented researchers, physicians and educators, our mandate is three-fold:
- To develop a women's health program that is internationally recognized for excellence in education, research and clinical care.
- To produce innovative research.
- To promote comprehensive patient care.
- Nurture a positive and collaborative team environment for both staff and trainees encouraging respect, creativity, and recognition
- Cultivate a national and international reputation in exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate training and evaluation
- Provide optimal patient care in the clinical disciplines that define our programs
- Foster innovative and comprehensive basic, translational and clinical research programs
- Create opportunities for appropriate faculty and staff development
- Encourage continued development of partnerships that advance the goals of the department
- Induce an environment that allows patients to enhance their emotional, cultural and social well-being
By providing translational solutions, we will accomplish our overall objective of promoting the concept of an academic health system. We are improving the health of local communities and women worldwide.