Each year, medical students and residents choose academic and clinical faculty members in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology who deserve special recognition for their contribution to medical education.
Teaching awards are announced during the department's Annual Research Day.
The following educators were honoured with teaching awards in 2014:
- Dr. Helen Steed - National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education (Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Dr. Sandra Baydock- Excellence in Clinical Resident Education (Richard Day Award)
- Dr. Jorge Mayo - Excellence in Resident Education - Mentoring (Nan Okun Award)
- Dr. Jonathan Tankel - Royal Alexandra Hospital Teacher of the Year
- Dr. Jonathan Tankel - University of Alberta recipient of the Carl Nimrod Educator Award, given by the Association of Academic Professionals in Obstetrics & Gynecology, (APOG) for outstanding educational achievement.
- Dr. Graeme Brassard - Misericordia Hospital Teacher of the Year
- Dr. Robert Chua - Grey Nuns Hospital Teacher of the Year
- Dr. Florence Tam - Sturgeon Hospital Teacher of the Year
A number of teaching awards are also given to senior residents in obstetrics & gynecology. The 2014 Resident Award recipients are:
- Dr. Sarah Ravn - Resident Teacher of the Year
- Dr. Rahim Janmohamed- James Crookes Surgical Award
- Dr. Rahim Janmohamed - Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedure Award