Each year, medical students and residents choose academic and clinical faculty members in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology who deserve special recognition for their contribution to medical education.
Teaching awards are announced during the department's Annual Research Day.
The following are awarded to educators who will be honoured with teaching awards in 2020: (The 2020 Resident Award recipients will be announced May 2020!)
- National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education (Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Excellence in Clinical Resident Education (Richard Day Award)
- Excellence in Resident Education - Mentoring (Nan Okun Award)
- Royal Alexandra Hospital Teacher of the Year
- University of Alberta recipient of the Carl Nimrod Educator Award, given by the Association of Academic Professionals in Obstetrics & Gynecology, (APOG) for outstanding educational achievement.
- Misericordia Hospital Teacher of the Year
- Grey Nuns Hospital Teacher of the Year
- Sturgeon Hospital Teacher of the Year
A number of teaching awards are also given to senior residents in obstetrics & gynecology. (The 2020 Resident Award recipients will be announced May 2020!)
- Resident Teacher of the Year
- James Crookes Surgical Award
- Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedure Award