This division currently has five members: Dr. Ariana Daniel, Dr. Jill Griffiths, Dr. Tarek Motan, Dr. Peggy Sagle (Division Director), and Dr. Ivanna Tataryn.
Areas of Research Focus & Specialization
Members of this division have a wide variety of research interests including:
- Various stimulation protocols for in vitro fertilization
- Control of pain during oocyte retrieval
- Luteal phase support in IUI cycles
- Does endometrial biopsy affect IVF success rates
- Impact of obesity on infertility
- Incidence of PCOS in a bariatric clinic
- Emotional impact of infertility
Clinical Research Collaborations
Significant clinical collaborations in this division include:
Weight Wise Clinic/Bariatric Surgeons for PCOS study
- Assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs): evaluation of evidence to support public policy development.
Nardelli AA, Stafinski T, Motan T, Klein K, Menon D.
2014 Nov 7;11(1):76. doi: 10.1186/1742-4755-11-76. Review.
The Impact of Bariatric Surgery on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Skubleny D, Switzer NJ, Gill RS, Dykstra M, Shi X, Sagle MA, de Gara C, Birch DW, Karmali S.
Obes Surg. 2015 Oct 3. [Epub ahead of print]