To lead patient-centered eye care through outstanding and integrated service, education, research and leadership development.
A multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals committed to furthering excellence in the care of patients with visual disorders through:
- provision of a comprehensive range of services for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of visual disorders;
- provision of undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate training in ophthalmology, and continuing medical education opportunities;
- translational vision science, and
- development of effective partnerships with organizations in Canada and abroad
Values and Principles
- Patients first – accessible, comprehensive, efficient, and high quality care. Ensure an outstanding patient care experience every time.
- Sharing knowledge freely and generating new knowledge that can be applied to improve the quality of life for patients.
- High performance team based leadership:
- Collegial, collaborative
- Engaged in pursuing our goals and clearly communicating them
- Anticipating issues and respond to change thoughtfully
- Stewarding resources (human, financial, physical, other)
- Accountable to patients, members of the department and other stakeholders