The Department of Pediatrics will not be offering Pediatric Update in 2019. The conference has consistently offered high-quality programming and received rave reviews from attendees. Even so, we know that we can improve and have decided to take a break in 2019 to review our approach and update the Update!
We may reach out to you over the coming months to ask for feedback on some ideas we have to switch things up and meet the needs and expectations of even more physicians and allied health who work with pediatric patients.
Pediatric Update is a lifelong learning conference hosted by the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Alberta. Join faculty from the department, along with community colleagues, to learn about the latest advances, guidelines and resources for a wide variety of practical pediatric topics.
What will I learn?
- Identify screening methods and tools to aid in the diagnosis of common health issues in children and describe evidence-based management of these issues
- Identify when to refer and available resources for management
- Update practitioners on changes in practice guidelines that affect children
Who should attend?
- Community pediatricians and residents
- Family physicians and residents
- Emergency physicians and residents
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
To receive notification of registration and program information for Pediatric Update, subscribe here.