In preparation for the 2017 – 18 academic year, the Peter Lougheed Leadership College is accepting applications on an ongoing basis, with applicant interviews currently scheduled in two week cycles. Students can expect to be contacted regarding the status of their application (including interview sign ups) within three weeks of applying.
Note: Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to ensure sufficient application processing time prior to the August retreat at the Banff Centre.
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission to the Peter Lougheed Leadership College and the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies:
- Students must be current University of Alberta undergraduate students or transfer students who have been accepted into a degree program. After-degree students will be considered on a case-by-case basis and are only eligible for the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies with the permission of their faculty. Education and Augustana students are currently ineligible for entry into the 2017-19 cohort as per the faculties' decisions.
- Normally have completed a minimum of 45 credits and a maximum of 84 credits toward their current degree, including courses in progress at the time of application. Applicants with fewer than 45 credits or more than 84 credits should contact PLLC before applying. Applications will only be accepted with the faculty permission to participate form.
- While the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Studies GPA requirement is satisfactory academic standing, a competitive GPA to enter PLLC is 3.0.
Students who apply to the Peter Lougheed Leadership College are required to submit the following:
- A copy of their most current transcripts (unofficial transcripts from Beartracks will be accepted)
- The online application form
Students who are accepted into the Peter Lougheed Leadership College will receive a scholarship of $5000 towards their stretch experience. For more information about academic and co-curricular scholarships available to University of Alberta students, visit the Office of the Registrar
and/or the Students’ Union’s Awards
websites. Students in financial need should apply for a Supplementary Bursary
through the Office of the Registrar.