The Outstanding Pharmacy Alumnus Award was created in 2014 to celebrate accomplished alumni in recognition of outstanding contributions to their professions, their communities, to society at large, or to the University of Alberta Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- nominees must have received a BSc, MSc, PharmD or PhD from the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at least 15-years prior to when the award is given
- nominees cannot be current staff members of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- nominees must be living at the time of selection
Nominations must include:
- CV, short bio (50 words)
- a statement of nominations (500 words max)
- at least two supporting letters
The statement of nomination and supporting letters should clearly describe the contributions made by the nominee and state why they are deserving of being recognized as an outstanding alumnus.
Nominations may be made at any time, however, the last date a nomination will be considered for any one calendar year award will be July 7, 2017 (for awards to be presented in the Fall of 2017).
The Faculty/Staff Awards Committee shall make recommendations for awards to the Dean who shall either confirm the selection or return it to the committee for further consideration.
The award(s) would be given annually in any year there is a nomination(s) recommended by the Faculty/Staff Awards Committee and approved by the Dean. A maximum of two awards will be given annually.
Nominations should be sent to:
Assistant Dean, Advancement (Interim)
Faculty of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
2-35G Medical Sciences Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton AB T6G 2H7