Precepting a student provides an opportunity to nurture and promote our profession, develop personally, and influence the maturation and education of our future colleagues. The success of our program and profession is due to the dedication of our preceptors and the opportunities they create for our students. We're excited that you are considering joining our team!
If you would like to become a preceptor, follow these three easy steps:
1. Ensure eligibility to become a preceptor by reviewing the Preceptor and Site Requirements and Responsibilities.
2. Complete and submit the Preceptor Enrollment Form.
3. Receive further instruction from the Faculty via email.
Benefits to being a preceptor include:
- Helping students transition from classroom to practice, and grow in their knowledge and confidence.
- Being introduced to new perspectives and knowledge.
- Challenging and re-energizing your interest in learning.
- Mentorship, and the satisfaction of assisting someone change from student to colleague.
- Promoting your practice, showcasing your workplace and attracting students to your organization.
- Educating the next generation of pharmacists; the skills you have to share cannot be taught in a classroom.
- Participation in the Preceptor Recognition Awards Program
- Academic Appointments (titles)
- Access to library resources