2020-21 Academic Year
Please refer to the University of Alberta Calendar
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) for Practicing Pharmacists subheading
Minimum admission requirements to the PharmD for Practicing Pharmacists
program for the 2020-21 academic year include:
- An entry to practice pharmacy degree from a recognized institution.
- Normally, an overall GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in the entry to practice pharmacy degree.
- *Proof of current licensure or eligibility for licensure as a pharmacist in the jurisdiction where direct experiential patient care placements will be completed.
- *Authorization to administer drugs by injection where legislated.
- Official transcripts from the entry to practice pharmacy program and any other post-secondary education completed.
- Spoken English Requirement: Applicants must meet a spoken English requirement. See Spoken English Requirement in the University of Alberta Calendar.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter
- Letters of reference
- Personal interview
For application consideration, international applicants must meet all of the requirements above.
*Note: Items 3 & 4 can occur after admission to the program, but must occur prior to commencing the first placement.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions page for Admission FAQ's.