2018-19 Academic Year
Please refer to the University of Alberta Calendar
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) for Practicing Pharmacists subheading
Admission requirements to the PharmD for Practicing Pharmacists
program for the 2018-19 academic year include:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from a recognized institution.
- a) Normally, an overall GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in all terms of full time study in a Bachelor of Pharmacy program. b) For fourth-year University of Alberta BSc (Pharmacy) students to confirm an offer of final admission, a GPA of 3.0 must be maintained in fourth year, and their BSc (Pharmacy) degree must be conferred by June 2018.
- *Proof of current licensure or eligibility for licensure as a pharmacist with the Alberta College of Pharmacists (ACP).
- *Authorization to administer drugs by injection.
- Official transcripts from a Bachelor of Pharmacy program and any other post-secondary institutions attended.
- Spoken English Requirement: Applicants must meet a spoken English requirement. See Spoken English Requirement in the University of Alberta Calendar.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter
- Three letters of reference
- Personal interview
For application consideration, international applicants must meet all of the requirements above.
*Note: Items 3 & 4 can occur after admission to the program, but must occur prior to the first rotation commencing (by December 1, 2018 for the full-time pathway and 30 days prior to first placement for the part-time pathway). The absence of such documentation will necessitate withdrawal from the program.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions page for Admission FAQ's.