In your second year of study, you will select an area of concentration. You will have both required courses as well as optional courses to complete.
The majority of practicum placements are for full time students. Students seeking part time placements will need to do research on which agencies will take students less than full time. In particular, most agencies in the exercise therapy and exercise rehabilitation area will ONLY accept full time students.
- If you would like a practicum placement in exercise rehabilitation (either in a rehabilitation clinic or physiotherapy clinic) there are specific pre-requisite courses that must be completed as well as fitness certifications.
- Academic Course: KIN 490(6 credits) or KIN 492 (9 credit) and KIN 491 (12 credits) or KIN 493 (15 credit) are limited to BKin and BScKin students. KIN 490/492 & 491/493 include the work experience component, the seminars, and the written assignments. The course is graded on a pass/fail basis. No stanine grade is awarded. BKin cannot receive credit for both KIN 490/492 and KIN 491/493 and cannot enroll in KIN 490/492 more than once.
- Students enrolled in KIN 490/492 may take up to 3 other 3 credit courses concurrently with the practicum however approval MUST be received from the Practicum Supervisor first.
- It is strongly discouraged for student enrolled in KIN 491/493 to enroll in a 3 credit course concurrently with their practicum. If the student still wishes to add an additional course, approval must be received from the Practicum Supervisor first.
- Agency Administration Fees - KIN 491/493 (full-time practicum) $ 200 per student, KIN 490/492 (half-time practicum) $100 per student, to be paid by the Agency