Volunteer as a Wellness Ambassador for LiveWell and help make a positive impact on campus!
- Support events like Build Your Own Terrarium, Dive-In Movie, Big Paint Night, Build You Own Bath Bomb, Salsa Night, K-Pop Night, Nutrition Series, Wellness Wednesday, Wellness Fair, LiveWell Tabling, LiveWell Surveys, Workout Buddies, Smoothie Day
- Set up equipment prior to events
- Administer waivers and sign-in participants
- Distribute equipment and materials as needed
- Answer questions and concerns from participants
- Facilitate positive participant engagement and interaction
- Administer event surveys to participants
- Take down equipment after events and return to storage areas
- Other tasks as assigned by Campus & Community Recreation (CCR) LiveWell staff
Why Should I Volunteer With This Program?
- Make a positive impact on the University of Alberta campus
- Network and obtain connections with professionals in CCR and across campus
- Develop leadership, time management, and interpersonal skills transferable to any field
- Increase understanding and learn skills of event management (plan, implement & evaluate)
- Build on existing knowledge and gain valuable experience
- Free swag and prizes based on hourly point system
- Create additional opportunities for yourself and your career
- Recognition with the University of Alberta Co-Curricular Record (used as a tool to support employment applications and interviews, applications to graduate programs, and scholarship and awards packages). https://www.su.ualberta.ca/services/ccr/
Volunteers will be rewarded on an hourly point system. Prizes include (but are not limited to): water bottles, notebooks, board game sets, gym bags, yoga mats. Volunteers who reach 40 hours in one year (over two semesters) will be entered to win a grand prize (such as a Fit Bit).
Position Conditions & Information
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of ten hours per semester (approximately two events)
- Volunteers will be scheduled around personal availability, which will be polled at the beginning of each month
- A mandatory training session will be held in the 3rd week of September, lasting approximately two hours
- A letter of reference can be provided by the Wellness Coordinator upon completion of five volunteer hours and a display of positive work & engagement
Applications for the volunteer program will be accepted until September 18th, 2017 for the Fall 2017 semester, and January 10th, 2018 for the Winter 2018 semester. The application form can be found here.
Please email Avneet Hayer for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org