Frequently Asked Questions


  • How do I obtain a license to practice Physical Therapy in Alberta?

    Physiotherapy Alberta – College and Association is the organization responsible for the licensing of Physical Therapists in Alberta. Information on how to register as a Physical Therapist is available on their website. In order to be registered as a Physical Therapist you must successfully complete Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE).

    The Physiotherapy Competency Exam is administered by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators. In order to be eligible to write the PCE you must first credential through the Alliance. This process takes approximately 5- 8 weeks to complete. Once the process is finished you will be given instructions on your next steps.