Inviting Foreign Visitors

Foreign visitors are foreign nationals who visit, carry out research or work temporarily with the University of Alberta.

To invite a foreign visitor: 

  1. Determine whether your guest's circumstances matches one of the exempt categories on the Immigration Services page:

  2. If exemption does not apply, complete a Foreign Visitor Category Assessment Form (NOTE: this is a University of Alberta internal form):

  3. Copy (cc.) your correspondence to your Department of Physics human resources contact, Suzette Chan at