The nomination from your home institution must include:
- Your full name as it appears on your passport,
- Your level of studies (undergraduate or graduate)
- Your field of studies
- The requested duration of your exchange (Fall Term, Winter Term, or Academic Year)
- An email address at which you can be contacted
- If you have a documented physical or learning disability (e.g. blindness, dyslexia), then please include a description of any special accommodations you would like to request.
- This description must come from the office at your home institution that currently assists you with your disability.
- Accessibility Resources will review and indicate what type of accommodation can be provided.
- In order to be accepted for an exchange at UAlberta, you must accept the proposed accommodation.
Application and Documents
- Your home institution must courier hard copies of all of your application documents to UAlberta. Test results sent directly from the external testing organization will not be accepted.
- Please send all required documents together at one time only – please wait until you have all required documents prepared before sending your application.
- Whenever you are asked to provide your name on any exchange application documents, please be sure to provide your full name as it appears in your passport.
- Official records must contain an official seal or signature and be in English.
- Graduate students must submit official records of all post-secondary work, both previous and current.
Proof of English Proficiency Documents
- If you are submitting official English Proficiency test results, such as IELTS or TOEFL, please note that the results must be sent to your home institution prior to being sent to UAlberta.
- Your test results must then be stamped with the official university seal of your home institution and then couriered to UAlberta along with the rest of your application documents.
- Test results used to demonstrate English language proficiency must not be more than two years old at the time of application.