We encourage all students to plan to arrive well in time for the start of classes, however, if you are going to be delayed in your arrival, please ensure that you take the following steps:
- Notify the UAlberta Exchange Programs Coordinator by e-mail and include:
- an explanation for the delay
- your anticipated arrival date
- Contact your UAlberta professors/instructors by e-mail to advise them of the situation. Ask for any tools they can suggest to mitigate the impact of your late arrival, for example: gaining access to the course syllabus and course resources.
- If you are living on campus, contact UAlberta Residence Services by e-mail to inform them. Ask if there are any steps you will need to take to keep your space in reservation reserved.
Depending on the delay time of your arrival, you may wish to cancel or defer your exchange. Please note that deferrals are not guaranteed.
If you decide to cancel your exchange, you must:
- Notify the UAlberta Exchange Programs Coordinator by e-mail.
- Notify your home institution's exchange coordinator/officer by e-mail.
- Notify UAlberta Residence Services by e-mail that you are cancelling your space in campus residence.
- Notify any other contacts at UAlberta and your home institution with whom you have made commitments related to your exchange, for example: equipment rentals, transportation services.
Please note that exchange students are personally responsible to notify all parties listed above. Failure to do so may result in fees and any related interest. Unpaid fees may result in a negative impact on your credit rating.