If you are making an oral or poster presentation at INSIGHTS, then
this page is for you. It contains information that you will need as you
prepare for your presentation.
For all presenters
- Registration will open on September 28. Please register for INSIGHTS before Friday, October 6 to ensure you have a seat.
- The program, as well as a list of all oral and poster presentations, will be available in early October.
- All presenters must check-in between 8 and 8:45 a.m. on November 2, 2017.
For oral presenters
- Please ensure your presentation is created in PowerPoint 2007 or PowerPoint 2010 as other presentation formats will not have technical support.
- Please plan to bring your presentation on a USB stick so that it may be loaded onto the laptops that we will have available. You may also wish to email your presentation to yourself as a back-up.
- Oral presentations are 15 minutes long. This includes 10 minutes for presentation time and five minutes to questions.
- A time keeper will alert you with a yellow card when you have spoken for seven minutes and a red card when you have reached the ten minute mark.
NOTE: Technical support will be available at the registration desk
between 8 and 8:45 a.m. Please provide your electronic file to the
technician during this time.
For poster presenters
Pin boards are 48 inches (121.9 cm) high by 72 inches (182.9 cm)
wide. There will be one poster displayed on each pin board. Your poster
must fit within these dimensions.
Set up for poster presentations is between 8 and 8:45 a.m. on
Thursday, November 2 on the second floor of Lister Centre. Someone will be
available at the registration table to assist you.
Push pins will be
provided to attach your poster to the pin board.
Participants will be able to view posters during one dedicated
poster session immediately after lunch. Please plan to be stationed at
your poster and available to interact with participants between 12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
Your poster should be on display for the duration of the
event. You may take your poster down at 4 p.m. following the closing remarks at the reception.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your presentation or
other aspects of INSIGHTS, please contact Rachel Harper at 780-492-4645 or via email at email@example.com.