Goal 1: Education
Educate current and future leaders in public health policy, practice, education and research with an emphasis on critical thinking in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Complete current curriculum review focusing on competency assessment at the program level and revising the curriculum to meet the needs of policy and practice in professional context, by April 2015.
- Develop a plan to enhance the learning experience, which includes diversity of student population, by December 2014.
- Develop and implement a plan for providing professional development programs with key internal and external partners as follows:
- Examine the feasibility of expanding the degree programs and methods of offerings, by April 2015.
Goal 2: Policy and Practice
Engage in collaborations and partnerships to identify health issues and advocate for, disseminate and implement public health policies and practices based on evidence.
- Identify future opportunities to enhance partnerships and collaborations within SPH and the University, by January 2015.
- Identify future opportunities with local organizations to increase knowledge and develop/provide evidence to influence adoption of effective public health policies and practice, by April 2015.
- Identify future opportunities to enhance our outreach nationally and internationally, by April 2015.
Goal 3: Research
Pursue research to create knowledge to advance the public’s health.
- Identify future opportunities for collaborations with researchers within and outside of School of Public Health, by December 31, 2014.
- Assess the requirements for research infrastructure support and establish the approved support, by December 2014.
- Establish evaluation criteria for measuring the impact of our research on public health, by September 2015.
- Identify future opportunities with organizations with whom our School could undertake research (including service contracts), by December 2015.
- Establish one or more “centres of excellence” addressing priority and /or emerging public health issues, engaging interdisciplinary faculty, by December 2016.
- Create new funding for 6 additional highly qualified research trainees (MSc, PhD, PDF) through funding other than grant funds, by July 2016.
Goal 4: Organizational Environment
Create an environment whereby the values of the School are embodied in all our endeavours and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
- Create a supportive and engaging environment to increase the cohesion between students, faculty and staff, by April 2015.
- Create an environment whereby the contributions towards achievement of the School’s Mission of all (students, staff and faculty) are individually and collectively recognized, by April 2015.
- Identify future opportunities for mentoring of students, faculty and staff, by December 2014.
- Develop and implement a plan to increase alumni engagement, by May 2014.
- Implement changes to ensure that our administrative organization is effective and efficient in meeting the needs of the School (including students services), by November 2014.
- Develop a human resources plan for recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff, by December 2014.
- Develop a strategic plan for fund development with the Office of Advancement, by December 2014.
- Update our communication plan to enhance the profile of and engagement with the School, by December 2014.
- Develop a three year rolling financial plan to achieve our mission, by April 2015.
- Update and publish all School policies and guidelines taking into account the Vision, Mission and Values of the School and posted on the intranet, by April 2015.
- Prepare to maintain the School’s accreditation, by September 2015.