The program will provide a unique mix of learning and action oriented experiential opportunities including:
• participation in the International Ideas Marketplace, the LEADS personal mastery sessions and the Action Learning Projects
• peer learning through small group work
• support from an experienced health system mentor versed in both academic and policy worlds throughout the program
• interacting with speakers who are linked to the change agenda in Alberta and other Canadian jurisdictions
Participants will dive deep into the following thematic areas:
• System thinking, leadership and health system performance
• The political environment and managing the health system
• Optimizing health human resources
• Developing a quality culture
• System transformation
Professional Continuing Education Credits
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - Participants can claim their credits in MAINPORT, under Section 2 - Formal Course.
College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta - Participants can claim the Fellowship towards their annual Continuing Competence Program.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada - Participants can request Mainpro+ credits for involvement in a Fellowship program under the Self-Learning, Certified option.
School of Public Health, University of Alberta - Participants who complete the Fellowship program may, if they satisfy the regular admission standards, apply to one of our graduate degree programs. If admitted, students may be exempt from a number of electives.