Epidemiology faculty in the School of Public Health engage in a wide range of research areas, including but not limited to:
- injury prevention and prevention of injury-related disability;
- chronic diseases (e.g. asthma, cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease);
- acute and chronic pain conditions;
- mental health;
- health promotion;
- nutrition, physical activity, and obesity in childhood;
- global health;
- infectious diseases; and
- development of novel and innovative epidemiologic and biostatistical methods.
This work is conducted in the context of multi- and inter-disciplinary collaborations at the local, national and international level.