Innovation Forum | November 4, 2019
Horowitz Events Centre, University of Alberta
How do we tangibly support Alberta’s communities to reach their healthiest possible future?
Let’s connect passionate people with bright ideas
We believe that connecting passionate people with bright ideas will help Alberta’s communities be the healthy, vibrant, and smart communities that are our shared future. We will explore how citizens, our public institutions, the business community, and community organizations work in distinct ways--and together--always reaching for improvement.
The Forum is an opportunity to gain connections and relationships that will provide you with practical support for you and your work.
- create connections to bridge knowledge and resource gaps in your work;
- develop relationships to support the development of actionable steps in your work;
- be inspired by and understand the unique needs and contexts of others working alongside you; and
- develop novel and synergistic approaches to define, achieve, and sustain a healthy community.
Let’s bring our ideas and work together
Working together, we are catalysts to foster healthy and thriving communities with strong and dynamic futures. On November 4, 2019, you will connect with citizens, practitioners, industry professionals, Indigenous organizations, and researchers from across Alberta. At the Forum, you will find active support for you and your project, whether you are at the idea stage, implementing, or have results to share. Let’s come together to practice the future as a sustainable and healthy community.
What to bring:
- Topics, questions and ideas you would like to explore
- Hot practice tips to share
- Research or evaluation results to share
Let’s make relationships that last
You can expect to connect with a variety of people working to improve the health of Alberta’s communities. The Innovation Network we will create together will allow you to build relationships that last with:
- citizens and community;
- private and not-for-profit organizations employees and volunteers;
- researchers and academics;
- government officials;
- corporate leaders, industry professionals, and developers;
- health, education, recreation, and social services professionals; and
- engineering, architecture and design, transportation, planning, and environment professionals.
Registration is now closed.