Each year, we expect to see all our new students at the University of Alberta in Edmonton for on-campus orientation. This year, we'll looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday, August 30 and Wednesday, August 31.
You may want to view the orientation schedules for days 1, 2 and 3.
- Tuesday, August 30, 2015 and Wednesday August 31 are for all new students.
- Orientation will continue on Thursday, September 1. All students should attend relevant sessions if they are not enrolled in classes during these days.
The School of Public Health is located at:
3-300 Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA)
11405 - 87 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6G 1C9
The first and third day of on-campus orientation will take place in the Edmonton Clinic Health Academy.
The second day of on-campus orientation will take place at:
Lister Conference Centre
116 Street and 87 Avenue
Here's a bit about what you can expect:
- Gain insights into your graduate studies program.
- Get to know classmates and staff and instructors.
- Understand how to get the most out of your graduate experience.
The three additional days for e-learning students will include the first class of SPH 501, as well as follow-up sessions that are part of orientation:
- Library search skills tune-up.
- Professional and academic writing workshop.
- Meet with advisors / supervisors.
- Learning skills / tools.
- Social media workshop.
What to bring
- Casual attire and walking shoes.
- Documents, including your program schedule / template.
- Any questions you have about library, technology, e-learning or administrative issues.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
While in Edmonton
Whether you are an e-learning student, or a student that is relocating to Edmonton, you may want to take some time to discover Edmonton