The purpose of this scholarship is to support superior students at the doctoral (PhD) level in the School of Public Health. This scholarship will provide funding for one year, is non-renewable, and is open to both domestic and international students.
$20,000 (1 scholarship available)
Students in the PhD program are eligible to receive this scholarship if they:
- are registered full-time in the second, third or fourth year of their program, and did not receive the Public Health Doctoral Scholarship in their first year, or
- are registered full time in the third or fourth year of their program, and did receive the Public Health Doctoral Scholarship in their first year.
- do not have any other funding support for the corresponding year;
- have not previously received this scholarship.
- need for continued funding;
- academic accomplishments to date in the PhD program;
- strongly demonstrate the application of public health principles in their current or proposed research;
- demonstrate the potential to contribute to knowledge generation, dissemination and engaged scholarship.
Student and supervisor will provide:
- a one-page summary of the proposed or current research, that includes how the research demonstrates the application of public health principles;
- a letter from the supervisor which includes: a justification for the need of funding support; an assessment of the student’s merit; potential to contribute to knowledge generation, dissemination and engaged scholarship; accomplishments; and future funding plan, and;
- a letter from the student explaining the need for the funding;
- a Canadian Common CV.
All nominations should be submitted to Graduate Programs Advisor, Office of Educational Programs, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention: Public Health Continuing Doctoral Scholarship