The purpose of this scholarship is to support superior students at the doctoral (PhD) level in the School of Public Health. This scholarship will provide funding for one year, non-renewable, and is open to both domestic and international students.
$20,000 (1 scholarship available)
Students in the PhD program are eligible to receive this scholarship if they:
- have completed at least one year of the PhD program before the start of the scholarship;
- are registered full-time either in the 2nd or 3rd or 4th year of their program;
- receive this scholarship once in the 2nd to 4th years of their program;
- do not have any support funding for the corresponding year;
- received the Public Health Doctoral Scholarship in the 1st year, and apply in the 3rd or 4th year of their program;
- strongly demonstrate the application of public health principles in their current or proposed research;
- demonstrate the potential to contribute to knowledge generation, dissemination and engaged scholarship.
Student and supervisor will provide:
- a one-page summary of the proposed or current research, that includes how the research demonstrates the application of public health principles;
- a letter from the supervisor which includes: a justification for the need of funding support; an assessment of the student’s merit; potential to contribute to knowledge generation, dissemination and engaged scholarship; accomplishments; and future funding plan, and;
- a letter from the student explaining the need for the funding;
- a Canadian Common CV.
Nominators submit nominations to:
Attention: Public Health Continuing Doctoral Scholarship
Administrative Assistant, Academic Affairs
School of Public Health
3-306 Edmonton Clinic Health Academy
11405 - 87 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6G 1C9
All documents must be submitted to the School of Public Health no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 30.