Degree Parchments

Whether you’re a recent grad or a proud alumnus, you may find yourself in need of your parchment, a reprint, or a proof of graduation. Find out more about the difference between these and which one is suitable for you.

Degree parchments

Your degree parchment is the official document issued by the University of Alberta that certifies that you have completed your degree.

If you attend your Convocation ceremony, you will receive your degree parchment in your Convocation Packet during your assigned pick-up time.

If you are not going to attend your convocation ceremony, please indicate so in Bear Tracks (under Graduation Status). You will then be able to pick up your parchment at a later date (see below).

Parchment pickup (after Convocation)

If you wish to pick up your parchment in person, you may do so at the Convocation and Ceremonies Office, 1-27 South Academic Building, on the following dates:

  • After Fall Convocation 2019:
    • November 21: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    • November 22, 25, 26: 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. 

For any student that is unable to attend the Convocation ceremonies in November, degrees will be mailed out through Canada Post on December 2, 2019.

Mail delivery (domestic)
Parchments will be sent via regular mail to your current address as listed in Bear Tracks.

Mail delivery (international)
International parchments will be couriered to your current address as listed in Bear Tracks.


Degree parchments can be reprinted for the following reasons:

  • Official change of name
  • Original parchment lost, stolen, or destroyed
  • Original parchment never received
  • Original parchment damaged
  • For professional display purposes (medical doctors, lawyers, and dentists only)

To request a reprint of your degree, please complete an Application for Parchment Reprint. Reprints are produced on a monthly basis at a charge of $100 per reprint.

For reprints due to an official change of name, you must also:

Please note: reprinted parchments bear the signatures of the officials who are currently in office and are printed in the current style, size, and language. As well, parchment reprints will be identified as such on the back of the parchment itself, and the reason for reprint will be listed.

Proof of graduation

If you require proof of graduation, there are three options:

Certificate of Degree: A letter that provides proof of your degree completion and graduation. For more information, visit Verification Documents.

Transcript: A transcript is an official copy of your academic record, including degree information. For more information, visit our Transcripts page.

Certified Copy of Degree: A copy of your original degree, certified by the university. For more information please contact Student Connect.