Sign up for our financial literacy e-newsletter and get tips and tricks deposited into your inbox every month. Learn more about applying for your student loans, preventing impulse spending, saving on school supplies, travelling on a budget, and so much more!
Achieve A+ Finances
March 3, 2020
Take the Government of Canada’s Financial Literacy Self-Assessment Quiz to see how your financial literacy knowledge and skills compare to other Canadians.
It can be daunting to start your financial journey, but consider these easy ideas to help you get started:
- Create a financial vision board to help you stay on track.
- Set specific financial goals using numbers and dates to outline what you hope to accomplish.
- Recognize where you are now. Do you have any savings? How much debt do you have? How many credit cards do you have?
- Adopt a spending mantra to use as a guide for how you spend, such as “will this item bring me happiness”, or “I will wait 24 hours before making any purchases over [fill in dollar value here]”.
- Join us for a Money Talks session to learn more about your finances!