Value: Silver medal
The Chancellor’s Leadership Medal is an honorary award available to a convocating undergraduate student that has demonstrated outstanding leadership involvement throughout an undergraduate degree, while maintaining superior academic achievement in a final year of study. There is one award available.
Application Open: March 15, 2019
Closing Deadline: May 1, 2019
- Be a convocating undergraduate student
- Present a record of high academic standing with a 3.5 GPA in final year of undergraduate studies
- Possess exceptional leadership qualities as demonstrated through involvement in university or community organizations, sports, cultural, political activities, or other groups
What we are looking for
The prestigious Chancellor’s Leadership Medal is awarded to a convocating undergraduate who has shown academic achievement and commitment to leadership roles in the community, at the University of Alberta and beyond.
A well-rounded leader will:
- Hold key leadership roles
- Participate in a variety of activities
- Take initiative
- Have both community and school involvement
- Have become progressively more involved over time
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment
- Have a well rounded distribution of leadership activities that span across years in post-secondary
How to apply
Apply for Awards
For application-based awards administered by the Office of the Registrar, you can apply online:
The Office of the Registrar will notify all applicants of the competition results in June.
To find out more about accepting and declining awards, financial information, and thanking your donor, please visit Information for Award Recipients.