The Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship is designed to recognize and reward students for their academic achievements, and encourage them to continue their undergraduate program of study. These scholarships are funded by the Government of Alberta and are administered by the University of Alberta in conjunction with Alberta Student Aid.
This scholarship recognizes top University of Alberta students who are Alberta residents as defined by Alberta Student Aid.
Application Deadline: Nominations will be made by the Office of the Registrar.
- have superior academic achievement on a full normal course load taken in the previous year of post-secondary studies (September 2018 to April 2019) at the University of Alberta
- be continuing in the second or subsequent years of an undergraduate degree program or continuing in any year of a professional or after-degree program
- be an Alberta Resident as defined by the Alberta Scholarship Act:
- a person who has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately prior to attending a post-secondary institution, or
- a person whose parents or guardians have maintained permanent residence in Canada for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and reside in Alberta, or
- a person who was married to an Alberta resident immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
How to apply
Continuing undergraduate students
No application is required. Nominated students will be notified by the Office of the Registrar.
Students entering another undergraduate or professional program
If you have completed a degree program and are immediately proceeding into another undergraduate program or into Law, Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy, you must apply directly to the Office of the Registrar. Applications for the 2019/2020 year have not been provided by Alberta Student Aid.
Notification information will be provided to eligible recipients once nominations have been made.