Value: up to $20,000
Two separate award categories are available as follows:
- Métis Education Foundation Undergraduate Awards (number awarded varies of up to $5,000)
consideration will be given to University of Alberta students enrolled in any year of study for any undergraduate degree program
- Métis Education Foundation Scholars’ Award (number awarded varies of up to $20,000)
consideration will only be given to University of Alberta students enrolled in a graduate program or professional undergraduate degree program with differential fees (Medicine, Dentistry, or Law)
Application Open: August 15, 2019
Closing Deadline: October 15, 2019
Variable number of awards available
- have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.0 and above;
- demonstrate financial need;
- provide proof of Métis heritage, such as:
- a valid Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) membership card or a valid membership card from any of the following Métis Nation organizations: Métis Settlements of Alberta, Métis Nation of Ontario, Manitoba Métis Federation, Métis Nation – Saskatchewan, Métis Nation British Columbia, or
- photocopy of parent’s/aunt’s/uncle’s or sibling’s valid membership card in any of the above named Métis organizations, along with a long form birth certificate(s) or baptismal certificate(s) that clearly shows the relationship to the person identified on the Métis card; or
- other valid proof of Métis genealogy as verified by the Métis Nation of Alberta, or other nationally recognized Métis organization.
How to apply
Apply for Awards
For application-based awards administered by the Office of the Registrar, you can apply online:
Students will be notified in December.
To find out more about accepting and declining your award, financial information, and thanking your donor, please visit Information for Award Recipients.