The Undergraduate Academic Scholarships recognize and reward top achieving students based on their previous academic year at the University of Alberta.
Academic standing is the primary selection criterion for awards in this competition. Secondary criteria that may be considered include financial need and extracurricular activities. Funding levels vary annually and selection is competitive.
View a complete list of available Undergraduate Academic Scholarships.
The Undergraduate Leadership Awards recognize students who demonstrate exceptional leadership involvement through university and community activities while maintaining satisfactory academic standing on a full time course load.
Leadership is more than participation in extracurricular activities. We are looking for well-rounded leaders who demonstrate strong leadership abilities and depth of involvement in their communities.
View the complete list of available Undergraduate Leadership Awards.
Application open: March 1, 2019
Closing Deadline: May 22, 2019
Apply for Undergraduate Academic Scholarships and Undergraduate Leadership Awards»
Undergraduate Academic Scholarships
- Applicants must have a minimum of superior academic achievement on a full normal course load taken during the Fall 2018/Winter 2019 terms at the University of Alberta. See courseload requirements and award definitions.1
- Candidates must be continuing an undergraduate or professional program at the University of Alberta in September 2019.
- IB and transfer credits are not applicable.
- Students entering Pharmacy, Medicine & Dentistry or Law are eligible and will be assessed on the basis of their admission average to their respective program.
- Students entering an After-Degree program will be assessed based on their admission average, regardless of previous institution attended or time off between degree programs.
Undergraduate Leadership Awards
- Possess exceptional leadership qualities as demonstrated through involvement and participation in university or community organizations, sports, cultural, political activities, or other groups
- Achieve a GPA of at least 2.0 on a full time course load during the previous academic year. See courseload requirements and award definitions.1
- Be continuing full time in an undergraduate or professional program at the University of Alberta in September 2019.
1Students registered with Student Accessibility Services will be assessed based on the individual's approved course load requirement.
Co-op students will be assessed based on paired academic terms (co-op work terms will not be included). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact Student Connect.
How to apply
Apply for Awards
For application-based awards administered by the Office of the Registrar, you can apply online:
The Office of the Registrar will notify all applicants of the competition results in mid to late August, depending on student program.
To receive the full value of any scholarship in this competition, students must be enrolled full time in both fall and winter terms.
To find out more about accepting and declining your award, financial information, and thanking your donor, please visit Information for Award Recipients.