Value: up to $2,500
The Undergraduate Academic Scholarship Competition recognizes and rewards top achieving students based on their previous academic year at the University of Alberta.
Academic standing is the primary selection criterion for awards in this competition. Secondary criteria that may be considered include financial need and extracurricular activities. Funding levels vary annually and selection is competitive.
View a complete list of available Undergraduate Academic Scholarships.
Application open: March 1, 2018
Closing Deadline: May 23, 2018
- Applicants must have a minimum of superior academic achievement on a full normal course load taken during the Fall 2017/Winter 2018 Terms at the University of Alberta. See courseload requirements and award definitions.1
- Candidates must be continuing an undergraduate or professional program at the University of Alberta in September 2018.
- IB and transfer credits are not applicable.
- Students entering Pharmacy, Medicine & Dentistry or Law are eligible and will be assessed on the basis of their admission average to their respective program.
- Students entering an After-Degree program will be assessed based on their admission average, regardless of previous institution attended or time off between degree programs.
1 Students registered with Student Accessibility Services will be assessed based on the individual's approved course load requirement.
Co-op students will be assessed based on paired academic terms (co-op work terms will not be included). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact Student Connect.
How to apply
Apply for Awards
For application-based awards administered by the Office of the Registrar, you can apply online:
You can also access the award application form via Bear Tracks
The Office of the Registrar will notify all applicants of the competition results in mid to late August, depending on student program.
To receive the full value of any scholarship in this competition, students must be enrolled full time in both fall and winter terms.
To find out more about accepting and declining your award, financial information, and thanking your donor, please visit Information for Award Recipients.