Value: up to $20,000
The Undergraduate Leadership Awards recognize students who demonstrate exceptional leadership involvement through university and community activities while maintaining satisfactory academic standing on a full time course load.
Application Open: March 1, 2018
Closing Deadline: May 21, 2018
Approximately 100 awards available for continuing undergraduate students. Transfer students are also eligible to apply for many scholarships in this competition. View the complete list of available Undergraduate Leadership Awards.
- Possess exceptional leadership qualities as demonstrated through involvement and participation in university or community organizations, sports, cultural, political activities, or other groups
- Achieve a GPA of at least 2.0 on a full time course load during the previous academic year. See courseload requirements and award definitions.1
- Be continuing full time in an undergraduate or professional program at the University of Alberta in September 2018.
1 Students registered with Student Accessibility Services will be assessed based on the individual's approved course load requirement.
What we are looking for
Leadership is more than participation in extracurricular activities. We are looking for well-rounded leaders who demonstrate strong leadership abilities and depth of involvement in their communities.
A well-rounded leader will:
- Hold key leadership roles
- Participate in a variety of activities
- Take initiative
- Have both community and school involvement
- Have become progressively more involved over time
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment
- Have a well-rounded distribution of leadership activities that span across years in post-secondary
How to apply
Apply for Awards
For application-based awards administered by the Office of the Registrar, you can apply online:
The Office of the Registrar will notify all applicants of the competition results around mid-August.
To receive the full value of any scholarship in this competition, students must be enrolled full time in the upcoming fall and winter terms.
To find out more about accepting and declining your award, financial information, and thanking your donor, please visit Information for Award Recipients.