Value: up to $2000
The Universiade '83 Scholarships, made available from an endowment created with surplus funds from the 1983 Universiade Games held at the University of Alberta, recognize students who excel in athletics or fine arts. Approximately 30 are awarded annually, a minimum of 60 per cent to athletics and minimum 25 per cent to fine arts programs.
Application Open and Closing Deadline: Information is available through the nominating department
Approximately 30 scholarships available
- be entering, transferring or continuing in an undergraduate degree program
- be in full-time attendance at the University of Alberta as of September
- have demonstrated excellence in athletics (CIS or FISU Sports) or in a fine arts program in the Faculty of Arts
- be pursuing excellence in athletics or fine arts during the current academic year
- have superior academic achievement
Fine Arts Categories
- Art and Design / Drama / Music
How to apply
In the fall, recipients are selected by the Athletics Office and by the Faculty of Arts Departments of Art and Design, Drama, and Music. No application is required.
Note: In the area of athletics, preference is given to CIS athletes. FISU and non-CIS athletes competing at the national or international levels who wish to be considered should identify themselves, prior to October 1, to the Office of the Athletic Director, P220 Van Vliet Centre, U of A Butterdome, phone 780-492-3413.
The Office of the Registrar will notify recipients of their selection and how their award funds will be disbursed in the fall term.
For more information about accepting and declining your award, financial information, and thanking your donor, please visit Information for Award Recipients.