- PhD - Physical Education, Sports Sciences - University of Alberta – 1980
- MSc - Physical Education - Sports Sciences - University of Alberta – 1975
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy - University of Alberta – 1972
- Diploma in Physical Therapy - University of Alberta – 1971
- BA (History & Political Science)- Lakehead University, ON - 1968
Dr. Magee has been a faculty member in the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Alberta since 1972. He was the Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy from 1980-1993 and was Associate Dean in the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine from 2003 to 2011. He was a visiting professor at the College of Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati, Ohio from 1998-2003. He spent 5 months per year as a professor at Sapporo Medical University in Sapporo, Japan where he taught and helped develop masters and doctoral programs in physical therapy. Also, since 1998, he’s travelled to Belo Horizonte, Brazil where he has been a visiting professor teaching in the physical therapy program at the Federal University of Minas Gerais. He’s also been invited to teach courses in other parts of Canada, the United States, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Korea, the Philippines, Chile, Trinidad and other cities in Japan. Dr. Magee has also been the Sports Therapist for several amateur and professional sports teams including Canada’s national synchronized swimming team, the Edmonton Eskimos football club and the Edmonton Oilers hockey team.