The University of Alberta is one of Canada's leading research universities, with the best in academics, athletics, and student life. We have 37,000 students studying at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, more than 4,045 international students are here in Edmonton to study at the U of A.
Join us as an international student at the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine and learn the true meaning of pursuing your best.
Why become and international student at the University of Alberta?
- We are one of Canada's leading research and teaching institutions, with more than $513 million in external research funding.
- We offers 200 undergraduate and 170 graduate programs in 18 faculties and 5 campuses
- We are home to Canada's second largest research library system.
- We have Western Canada's largest teaching hospital.
- We are Western Canada's only French-language university campus.
- We have the most professors with 3M Teaching Awards.
- Many of the world's great minds have been part of U of A and its history: the first Canadian Nobel Prize winner in physics, the inventor of sonar, the designer of the Canadian maple leaf flag, a co-discoverer of insulin, and more.
- At the University of Alberta, there are great opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to conduct research in state-of-the-art facilities with world-renowned professors.
- We are home to North America’s only free-standing Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine.
- We are ranked in the world's top 100 universities
- We teach 24 languages
- We have international students from 129 countries
- We have 25 varsity sports teams with 59 national titles won in the past 27 years
- We have 400 research laboratories
- We have US $1.1 billion in new building construction
- We have 400 international teaching & research agreements in 51 countries
- We were founded in 1908
- We have 300 student clubs and associations
- We have 1,150 invention disclosures, 360 patents worldwide, and 70+ spin-off companies produced by U of A research in the last 13 years
- We have 80 students services available, including health, academic, personal, financial, and employment
- 700+ U of A students studying abroad each year
- We have 500 campus recreation activities with 28,000 participants per year
- We have 236,000 alumni living worldwide