Join us for a FREE Family Fun Day, an opportunity for kids to learn about physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology, enjoy the bouncy castle slide, face painting and balloon twisters, meet the University of Alberta mascots Guba and Patches and enjoy a free ice cream sundae and t-shirt!
PLUS, help us celebrate Canada's 150th birthday by adding your hand print to our Canada 150 mural and sharing your photos with us for a chance to win!
A great opportunity for alumni and students to connect and for the community to learn more about our campus and our programs.
2:00 - The fun begins!
- Free Rehab Med Canada 150 t-shirts, sunglasses and other freebies at the registration booth. Available while supplies last, so arrive early to get yours!
Rehabilitation medicine activity booths for kids: A Gripping Experience, Tools for Daily Life, Raise Your Voice for Rehab Med, Shake Them Skeleton Bones!, The Right Way to Write… And Draw!, Listen with Your Brain, and Catch the (Ultrasound) Waves! (Click for descriptions.)
- Demonstrations of LEGO robots.
- Massive bouncy castle slide – Plan to bounce first, then get your faces painted, as face paint isn't permitted on the bouncy castle slide. Waiver required for the bouncy castle (click to view PDF).
- Free Marble Slab ice cream sundae bar.
- Face painting and balloon artist.
- Guba and Patches – Meet the University of Alberta mascots!
- Help us celebrate Canada's 150th birthday by adding your hand print to our Canada 150 mural and sharing your photos with us for a chance to win!
- Want to learn more about the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine and our programs? Pick up brochures and ask questions at the registration booth.
3:30 - Draw for prizes and prize awarded for the Rehab Med Canada 150 Photo Contest.
We will be drawing for jackets, a portable device charger, a tea-infuser bottle, a hat and a fleece blanket.
Make sure you enter to win at the information tent!
You must be present at the time of the draw to be eligible to win.
4:00 - Unveiling of the official Rehab Med Canada 150 mural and group photos.
Add your hand print before 4:00 p.m.!
Rehab Med Canada 150 Photo Contest:
Show us how you celebrated Canada's 150th birthday and rehabilitation medicine careers at our event! Share your photos with us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #UAlbertaRehab for a chance to win our Rehab Med prize pack! One participant's photo will be randomly selected to win. Photos must be submitted by 3:30 p.m. on June 3. The prize will be awarded at the event.
Find us at:
Paid parking will be available at Lot L beside Corbett Hall, the University Terrace parking located behind the Second Cup on 83 avenue, the Jubilee parking lot, and at other university parking lots.View the University of Alberta parking lot map. We are also accessible via transit and the Health Sciences/Jubilee LRT station is across the street.
This event will be held rain or shine. In the case of inclement weather, the bouncy castle slide will not be available, but join us inside in room 2-44 Corbett Hall for family fun!