Each year, the University of Alberta hosts the OASIS Conference designed for health care graduate students, undergraduate students, and community members, addressing areas of interest in the field of Speech-Language Pathology and Rehabilitation Medicine. This year’s conference features talks from some amazing local clinicians, researchers and clients.
We would like to invite anyone curious about SLP to join us at this year’s conference. Several educational opportunities are available at this conference, as well as other benefits:
● Many different topics will be discussed at this year's conference, including:
○ Head and neck cancer
○ Parent and SLP use of iPad apps to support language and speech development
○ Collaboration amongst SLPs and Occupational Therapists (OTs)
○ ….and more!
● You can choose three different sessions to attend based on areas that interest you, plus the keynote presentation.
● One of the most interactive and popular sessions is the “Client Perspectives Panel” at the end of the day. This panel consists of parents of children with speech and language concerns, and adults who have received speech and language therapy. We hear their stories, listen to their experiences, and learn from their heartfelt advice for future and current health care professionals.
● This year's conference will also feature a "Clinician Perspective Panel" consisting of Speech-Language Pathologists working with various populations. You can hear about the profession's scope of practice with the opportunity to ask questions and listen to clinician's experiences.
● If you are a prospective SLP student, you may be interested in attending the session offered each year titled “How to Survive the Application Process”. This is a chance to learn how you can make your application appealing to SLP programs, and stay sane while doing so!
● Refreshments, snacks and lunch will be provided throughout the day. You will go home with a full stomach and a full mind.
● You have a chance to interact with many local organizations presenting information at booths throughout the day.
Here are details about the upcoming conference:
Date: Saturday, September 30th, 2017 (please register ASAP, as topic selection is first come, first serve)
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Registration and breakfast 8:30 - 9:15 AM; Lunch at 12:30 - 1:20PM; Keynote speaker at 9:00 AM)
Location: Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA), 2nd Floor
11405 87 Ave NW
Registration and Cost:
Early Bird Registration for students (before September 23): $25.00
Early Bird Registration for non-students (before September 23): $30.00
Regular Registration for students (after September 23): $30.00
Regular Registration for non-students (after September 23): $40.00
Key-note only registration: $15.00
*Note: RMSA Members will be reimbursed $25.00 of the registration fee.
Tickets are available online: https://oasis-conference-2017-tickets.eventbrite.ca OR
A registration form is included on this page. Please complete it and provide cash or cheque made payable to OASIS. Completed registration forms and cash or cheques (made payable to OASIS) can be dropped off at the Communication Sciences and Disorders office located at:
University of Alberta
2-70 Corbett Hall
If you want up-to-the-minute information about the conference, visit us on Facebook at: facebook.com/oasisconf2017
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there!
OASIS Conference Committee
*Please Note: Individuals may be travelling from various locations off-campus, and tickets can be purchased the day of the event, however, no guarantee can be made for topic selection of presentations unless your registration form is completed and emailed to email@example.com prior to the event.
*If you would like to receive the Early Bird price but are travelling from off-campus, please scan and email us your completed registration form by September 16th. Thanks!