Do you want to learn about the many areas of SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY?
Each year, the University of Alberta hosts the OASIS Conference designed for health care graduate students, undergraduate students, and community members, addressing areas of interest in the field of Speech-Language Pathology and Rehabilitation Medicine. This year’s conference features talks from some amazing local clinicians and researchers.
We would like to invite anyone curious about Speech Language Pathology to join us at this year’s conference. Here are a few reasons why you would benefit from this conference:
● Many different populations that speech-language pathologists serve are featured at this year’s conference, including:
○ client’s perspective on stroke and aphasia
○individuals who stutter
○ communication modification for transgender clients
○ children with autism
○ speech-language pathology for people of First Nations, Metis or Inuit heritage
○ ….and more!
● You can choose three different sessions to attend based on areas that interest you, plus the keynote presentation.
● One of the most interactive and popular sessions is the “Client Perspectives Panel” at the end of the day. This panel consists of parents of children with speech and language concerns, and adults who have received speech and language therapy. We hear their stories, listen to their experiences, and learn from their heartfelt advice for future and current health care professionals.
● You get to learn more about what speech-language pathologists do, including having a chance to ask questions and interact with many local organizations presenting information at booths throughout the day.
● If you are a prospective SLP student, you may be interested in attending the session offered each year titled “How to Survive the Application Process”. This is a chance to learn how you can make your application appealing to SLP programs, and stay sane while doing so!
● Refreshments, snacks and lunch will be provided throughout the day. You will go home with a full stomach and a full mind.
● RSMA members will be reimbursed half the cost of registration.
Here are details about the upcoming conference:
Date: Saturday, September 24th, 2016 (please register ASAP, as topic selection is first come, first serve)
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Registration and breakfast 8:30 - 9:15 AM; Keynote speaker at 9:30 AM)
Location: Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA), 2nd Floor
11405 87 Ave NW
Cost: Early Bird Registration for students (before September 16): $25.00
Regular Registration for students (after September 16): $30.00
Non-students key-note only registration: $30.00
Non-students full day registration: $40.00
(RMSA Members will be reimbursed $15.00 of the registration fee).
A registration form is included on this page. Please complete it and provide cash or cheque made payable to OASIS. Completed registration forms and cash or cheques (made payable to OASIS) can be dropped off at the Communication Sciences and Disorders office located at:
University of Alberta
2-70 Corbett Hall
If you want up-to-the-minute information about the conference, visit us on Facebook at: facebook.com/oasisconf2016
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there!
OASIS Conference Committee
*Please Note: Individuals may be travelling from various locations off-campus, and tickets can be purchased the day of the event, however, no guarantee can be made for topic selection of presentations unless your registration form is completed and emailed to email@example.com prior to the event.
*If you would like to receive the Early Bird price but are travelling from off-campus, please scan and email us your completed registration form by September 16th. Thanks!