The Department of Physical Therapy, University of Alberta provides
credentialing services to graduates from the BSc PT and MSc PT programs.
Official credentialing is necessary for University of Alberta physical
therapy graduates to work as licenced physical therapists in other
countries. Official credentialing packages including certified course
descriptions from the U of A calendar and a verification letter will be
sent by the Department of Physical Therapy to the credentialing agency.
The credentialing package is composed of the following documentation:
- Certified copies of course descriptions from the Official
University of Alberta Calendar Verification letter confirming the number
of hours in the program, the accuracy of the documentation content and
Please note the following:
- Official transcripts are not included in the credentialing package. For official transcripts, please contact the Office of the Registrar and Student Awards
- Course syllabi from the MSc PT Program that commenced in 2005 are available; course syllabi from prior years are not available
- Clinical files are only retained by the Department for three years
Fees for this service are as follows;
This is payable by certified cheque or money order to the
University of Alberta ($50.00 fee for single page verification letter). Please Note: Credentialing packages requiring further documentation, authorizations, etc. will be assessed on a case by case basis and the fee for service will increase as necessary to compensate the Department for the time required to assemble the documents.
If you wish to pay the fee online click here
To order a credentialing package, please follow the directions detailed below:
- Complete the Credentialing Package Request form
- Include your payment
- Send your request form and payment to the attention of Katelyn Brown
When your credentialing package has been sent to the agency, you
will be informed by email. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.