Overall Learning Objectives
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Understand the history and development of telerehabilitation as a discipline.
2. Understand the current state of telerehabilitation practice.
3. Gain an understanding of the current evidence surrounding the use of telerehabilitation in a number of contexts including SLP, PT, & OT practice areas.
4. Understand policy, privacy, & safety considerations involved in implementing telerehabilitation services.
5. Describe the advantages and disadvantages associated with telerehabilitation practice.
6. Gain an understanding of current & future technology & software developments associated with telerehabilitation practice.
7. Gain experience using an online telerehabilitation platform (eHab®)
Specific Learning objectives
1. Explain and describe the development of telerehabilitation into a discipline.
2. Gain an understanding of professional practice documents associated with telerehabilitation in the areas of SLP, PT, & OT.
3. Be able to identify key documents/position statements directed at policy, privacy, and safety in the area of telerehabilitation.
4. Obtain knowledge surrounding technology in telerehabilitation including online video conferencing platforms (eg. Skype for Business™, Zoom, Facetime etc.), Online Clinical Platforms (eg. eHab®), wearable technologies (eg. FitBit, Actigraph, Garmin etc.) along with additional commonly used technology and software.
5. Increase competency by completing a discipline specific (SLP, PT, OT) assessment or treatment through the use of an online clinical platform using eHab®.