Current Issues of the Hip
This full day conference is designed to provide healthcare professionals with updates around optimizing patient musculoskeletal health with a focus on the hip. The conference consists of several guest lectures by orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians and physical therapists. In addition there will be break out groups that will address practical components of hip assessment and treatment.
This program has been reviewed by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and is awaiting final certification by the College’s Alberta Chapter.
Dr. David C Reid is one of Canada's finest experts in sports medicine and orthopaedic surgery. Scholar; award-winning teacher; author of numerous books, articles, and publications; physiotherapist, physician, and surgeon; innovator and philanthropist: Dr. Reid has been the recipient of over 30 awards. The University of Alberta is proud to name him to the Sports Wall of Fame in 2006. He founded the Canadian Physiotherapy Association's Sports Therapy Division. In 1987, Reid co-founded the Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic and was named its first and, to date, only director.
Other Presentations by:
- Dr. Lee Ekert, MD, FRCSC
- Dr. Jackie Whittaker, PhD, BScPT
- Dr. Roman Tulis
- Dr. Chris Beavington
- Glen Sather Sports Medicine Physicians (Physician afternoon breakout)
- Glen Sather Clinic Physical Therapists (Physical Therapy afternoon breakout)
- Updates on the surgical management of the hip, surgical candidates, imaging
- Non-surgical management of the hip
- Clinical pearls presented by Dr. David C Reid
- Assessment of the hip
- Rehabilitation and exercise therapy for the hip
The intent of the conference is to:
- Gain new knowledge and improve the clinic based care
- Improve referrals for specialist care
- Provide the attendee with an overview of the current diagnostic, examination and treatment of common conditions
- Enhance knowledge of cutting edge treatments
- Provide hands on experience in practical setting
Who is it for?
- Physical Therapists
- Other health professionals
Location: University of Alberta Corbett Hall 8205 114 St NW (paid parking is available in the Corbett Hall parking lot) Corbett Hall Map
When: Saturday September 16th, 2017 8:30 am - 3:50 pm (light breakfast and registration starting at 7:30 a.m. room 2-44). Lunch will be provided.
Cost: $250 for clinicians, $100 students
Conference questions? email email@example.com
Sponsorship Opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org