The Hip and Fracture Trauma group undertakes clinical and health services research to improve care for patients with who have broken their hips or sustained other bone or joint injuries. Broken hips are common in older people and require substantial time to recover. In addition this group looks at surgical approaches, rehabilitation and health services for people who have had a bone, muscle or joint injury (i.e. musculoskeletal trauma).
How do we improve patient care and outcomes?
- Evaluating new interventions
- Improving health service access and delivery
- Implementing findings and share information
- Engaging clinicians, researchers, decisions makers in our research planning and evaluation
Primary Areas of Interest
- Hip Fracture Rehabilitation and reablement including those patients with cognitive impairment
- Health services delivery across the care continuum
- Surgical management of fractures