SURGE undertakes clinical research to improve patient care and outcomes for those with upper extremity conditions or injuries. Upper extremity refers to the shoulder, elbow, wrist or hand. The SURGE team
consists of researchers, physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine physicians.
How does SURGE improve patient care and outcomes?
- Evaluating new and existing operative and non-operative interventions
- Providing information and implementing findings through workshops and conference presentations
- Developing treatment guidelines for common upper-body injuries
Primary Areas of Interest
Operative and non-operative management of:
- Rotator cuff conditions
- Upper-extremity fractures
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Operative management
- Shoulder instability
- Shoulder arthritis (including total joint replacement)