Finalize Funding Documentation

Transferring in Research Funding

If you're a new researcher at the University of Alberta with funding from your previous institution, contact your research facilitator to help you get your funds here.

What you'll need

  • Approvals for the transfer – evidenced by signatures (yours, your chair's and/or your dean's, and possibly sponsors, collaborators, etc.)
  • Copy of the proposal, including budget and scope of work
  • Copy of the notice of award or research contract, and
  • Biohazards, human ethics and animal welfare certification from the University of Alberta, if applicable

We’ll help you navigate the PeopleSoft system to get things set up.

Remember: your former institution and/or sponsor may have other requirements as well. Involve RSO as soon as you can to minimize delay.