On campus registration
Before a visitor can register, they should check in with the host department.
The department must create a guest identification number and UAlberta email address for their visitor, and provide this number on the Academic Visitors Registration form.
Academic visitors must register with the Academic Visitors Office after arriving on campus and checking in with the department.
Academic visitors coming to register with UAlberta’s Academic Visitors Office must bring the following with them:
1. Completed, original signed Academic Visitors Registration form
2. Copy of the Invitation Letter sent by the host department
3. Original signed Liability Waiver
4. Copy of their immigration documents, such as a Work Permit (if applicable)
5. Letter from home institution or other source stating liability coverage (if obtained)
6. Letter from funding source (if categorized as a research award recipient)
7. Confirmation of International Experience Canada or Student Work Abroad Program approval (if applicable)
After registering with the Academic Visitor’s Office, academic visitors will be able to obtain a ONEcard—the University of Alberta's official ID card for staff, students and faculty.
The ONEcard gives Academic Visitors access to various campus privileges, including University of Alberta libraries.
Visit the ONEcard Office online at www.onecard.ualberta.ca or in person in 9104 HUB Mall.