December 3, 2018: Deadline to Declare Intent to Participate
Note: We encourage applicants to declare their intent to participate in the Internal Review well before the deadlines. Engaging the Grant Assist Program (Health Sciences) earlier often provides a better chance of securing the applicant's first choice of reviewers.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Title and 1-page summary of the proposal.
- List of any co-applicants.
- Names of six University of Alberta faculty who may be contacted to participate as reviewers.*
- Project peer review committee to which your application is likely to be submitted.
* It is helpful to indicate the reason for each reviewer’s inclusion (e.g. content expert, CIHR peer review committee member) if you would like for us to recruit for example one content or methodology expert and one prior CIHR peer review committee member. Questions to consider when suggesting reviewers: Does your reviewer selection include someone who has reviewed for the CIHR Project or OOGP competitions recently? (See the lists of UofA faculty who have reviewed at CIHR for Project and OOGP competitions.)
Would your application benefit from including one reviewer with content expertise and one reviewer who knows less about your research area? At this time, the most appropriate reviewers would those who reviewed for the Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 Project competition, followed by those who reviewed for the Open Operating Grant Program competition. We are also willing to suggest reviewers as needed.
10 days before Internal Review meeting: Applicants should email their complete & polished application and any relevant previous reviews from funding agencies directly to internal reviewers and copy email@example.com.
Because we keenly value the time that reviewers donate, we are asking reviewers to decline to review if they are not provided sufficient time to review the application or receive an unpolished application.
January 2019: Internal Reviews