Residence Isolation Support

Residents arriving Fall 2021

Government of Canada changes to isolation requirements mean that many incoming international students will not be required to isolate. All travellers need a documented plan for isolation before travelling. Register your plan with the University Off-Campus Isolation and Travel Registry.

If you are fully vaccinated and qualify for an exemption, you are not required to quarantine while you wait for your test results. If you are not required to isolate, book a move-in appointment through your Residence Account for your expected arrival date in residence. Extended move-in hours are available. For more information on what to do if you are arriving in Edmonton outside of the available move in times, are delayed in your arrival or if you need to change your move in appointment please check the Residence Move In webpage.

For the latest information, visit the Government of Canada COVID:19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders webpage or University of Alberta International.

If you are required to isolate

Due to the large number of residents moving into residence this fall, residence is not able to provide on-campus isolation accommodation for incoming international students.

Recommended off-campus isolation program

We encourage all incoming residents who need an isolation plan to use the Study Safe Corridor (SSC) TravelSafe program. After booking your isolation plan with the program, register it with the University Off-Campus Isolation and Travel Registry.

Financial support

If you require financial support to assist with covering additional costs associated with Canada's quarantine requirements, you may be eligible for an International Quarantine Support Grant. To be eligible for the International Quarantine Support Grant, you must be registered in the Off-Campus Isolation Travel Registry before leaving your home country.