University of Alberta groups must follow the minimum price guidelines set by the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission (AGLC) at all events with a cash bar held under the university's institutional liquor licence or AGLC Special Event License. Please note that these prices do not include GST.
The minimum drink prices are:
- Draught beer: $0.16 per 28.5 ml or 1 oz. (or less)
- Bottled/Canned Beer, Cider or Coolers: $2.75 per 341 ml bottle or 355 ml can
- Wine: $0.35 per 28.5 ml or 1 oz.
- Spirits & liqueurs (i.e. gin, rum, voldka, etc.): $2.75 per 28.5 ml or 1 oz.
Based on the AGLC's standard drink guidelines, this means that a standard drink price must be at least:
- Draught beer (12 oz.): $1.92
- Bottled/Canned Beer, Cider or Coolers (341 ml bottle or 355 ml can): $2.75
- Wine (142 ml or 5 oz.): $1.75
- Spirits & liqueurs (28.5 ml or 1 oz.): $2.75