Registered Student Groups should submit their event to BearsDen as early as possible before the activity, and the Student Event Risk Management Coordinator will assist with waivers.
Faculties, departments, or administrative units should take the following steps:
1. For off-campus activities including international travel, please use the Off-Campus Activity & Travel Planning Tool to complete a risk assessment of your trip before submitting the waiver request form. Please submit your request at least 1 month in advance of the trip, if possible.
2. If your event involves alcohol service, please complete the Alcohol Event Application and Insurance & Risk Assessment will work with you to determine whether you need waivers in addition to alcohol event approval.
3. For all other activities, complete the Waiver Request Form at least 15 business days prior to your event. This Google form will capture all waiver requests and we will use the information collected for better communication with stakeholders, quality assurance, and oversight of waiver usage.
4. You can expect a response from Insurance & Risk Assessment within 1 week.
5. If your faculty, department, or administrative unit frequently issues waivers for the same activity or program, please contact Insurance & Risk Assessment and we will work with you to develop your own templates for use.