A society which honours institutions and organizations that foster individual opportunity to engage rigorously with the world of information, education, imagination, and ideas for learning, citizenship, and connecting communities.
Within a vibrant, supportive, and rigorous environment, the School develops diverse, reflective and inquiring library and information leaders through innovative, learner-centric teaching, research and scholarship, and community engagement for the public good.
A diverse, inclusive, dynamic and collegial School which honours:
- Integrity, fairness, and respect;
- Equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Indigenous worldviews and bringing truth and reconciliation to our education;
- Excellence in teaching, research and scholarship, and citizenship;
- Mutual sense of responsibility and accountability;
- Pride in our history, traditions, communities, students, and alumni; and,
- Intellectual curiosity, academic freedom and intellectual freedom, imagination, and creativity.