Networked and Distributed Systems and Protocols, Performance Evaluation, Wireless Sensor Networks, Applications of Sensor Networks.
My research interests include the design and performance analysis of network protocols, and networked distributed systems in general with an emphasis on wireless sensor-based systems. In particular, I am conducting research related to
- specialized medium access, scheduling and routing protocols,
- efficient information extraction and aggregation of sensor data,
- characterization and mitigation of interference in wireless communication environments,
- applications of wireless sensors in localization and tracking, and
- design approaches for energy harvesting to support self-sustaining operation of wireless sensor networks.
As a side issue, I develop models and specialized simulation environments for the study of such systems. I use as the proof-of-concept environments the various deployments of the SmartCondo (of which I was a founding member) infrastructure, as well as deployments in building and building construction environments.