A Science degree with a business background
A minor in Business is an option in the Bachelor of Science (BSc) General and the Bachelor of Science (BSc) Specialization in Computing Science programs. This minor is a valuable opportunity if you are interested in pursuing a career in science based business.
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science (BSc) General - Business Minor, you must complete a minimum one year of university course work, then formally apply for admission to the program.
To apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science (BSc) General - Business Minor program you must present the following:
(Note, the averages listed are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. You must present the competitive average for the year to which you are applying
- An AGPA of at least 2.3
- An average of at least 2.3 on the following courses which must have been successfully completed:
- *6 junior ENGL or *3 junior ENGL and *3 junior WRS
- ECON 101, and ECON 102
- One of MATH 113, MATH 114 or MATH 117
- *3 additional in Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Computing Science, or Statistics)
- *6 chosen from Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Physics or Science Psychology.
Admission to the minor in Business is normally at the end of Year 1, and preference is given to students who apply at that point in their program. Find more details on the admission requirements and program requirements in the Academic Calendar.